Prototype Sound Fix – Summary
1. Open files [ ..\Prototype\00audio.rcf ] and [ ..\Prototype\01audio.rcf ] via ScarfaceExplorer.
2. Extract files into the [ ..\Prototype\Audio ] folder.
3. Rename [ ..\Prototype\Audio\audio\ambience.p3d ] into something else.
4. Rename [ ..\Prototype\00audio.rcf ] and [ ..\Prototype\01audio.rcf ] into something else.
5. Select all files and folders (Ctrl – A) in the [ ..\Prototype\Audio\audio ] folder.
6. Cut all files and folders (Ctrl – X) in the [ ..\Prototype\Audio\audio ] folder.
7. Paste them in the [ ..\Prototype\Audio ] folder.
8. Start Prototype and play the game without any sound issues.
This method has been tested on Windows XP SP3 and it is confirmed to work. sos
The stuttering, lagging sound problems causing the in game cinematics to lag, slow down, becoming slide shows are fixed. No more sound issues or sound problems!
If you need Prototype sound fix screen shots, then check out the following.
Prototype Sound Fix – Open 00audio.rcf
Make sure you download the ScarfaceExplorer software first.
Prototype Sound Fix – Extract files into audio folder
Choose the right folder to extract the files into, do you have enough hard disk space?
Prototype Sound Fix – Rename 00audio.rcf
Rename the file instead of deleting it, just in case you need it for a future patch.
Prototype Sound Fix – Rename ambience.p3d
This file is not big at all, just rename it. Who knows, you might need it if there is a patch.
Deimos’s Daily Reads
No reads for today.
As Deimos also experienced this problem, he hopes that this post will help those who are also experiencing sound problems or sound issues on Prototype. Yes, this method has been personally tested by Deimos and it is confirmed to work.
Are you playing the Prototype PC Game too? Are you experiencing any sound issues?